25 April 2016
The membership-based organisation, also known as LIFE, was established in 2009.
The new board members include:
- Adel Afiouni, a managing director of Credit Suisse Investment Bank in the Fixed Income Division, based in London. He is head of Global Emerging Markets Group Origination and Sales in EMEA.
- Mouhammed Choukeir, chief investment officer at Kleinwort Benson, London, heading up the investment management division at the firm.
- Wissam Kairouz, a managing director in Morgan Stanley’s Leveraged & Acquisition Finance Group in New York, where he oversees the group’s industry practices in Healthcare, Retail and Financial Services.
- Rima Moawad, a partner in the Mergers and Acquisitions/Private Equity Group of Loeb & Loeb in New York.
- Wahbe Tamari, currently chairman of the Board of Arab Bank Switzerland Ltd., Arabia Insurance Company and Watamar & Partners SA. He is based in Geneva.
The new members join the rest of the board of 15 people, which is chaired by New York-based Marc Malek.
As a business networking platform for Lebanese finance executives, LIFE currently has some 850 active members around the world, and runs regional committees in Beirut, Dubai, Geneva, Hong Kong, London, Montreal, New York, Paris and Singapore. Its remit is to encourage the development of Lebanese financial services executives, through education, mentoring and coaching, which in turn is seen as a means of helping to promote economic growth and job creation both in Lebanon among the country’s expatriate community.